SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an emerging trend and is now playing a crucial role in the digital marketing arena. More and more companies are hiring SEO experts to boost the traffic stats of their websites, and thus earn more revenue. As a result, there is a surge in the demand for skilled SEO professionals who can fill these job roles in various advertising agencies and IT firms.
Companies are now realizing the potential of ranking high on a Search Engine Result Page (SERP) and the direct correlation it has with the growth of a website. SEO experts are capable of modifying the content as well as source codes of a web page to increase its rank, and this is what they are commonly sought for.
Globally, an increasing number of students are now actively looking for online SEO courses to master this skill. This demand is further boosted by the growth of the digital marketing sector, at a CAGR of more than 30%, which is expected to cross the $500 billion mark by 2025 [Source: Statista].
As students look for online certificates to earn the badge of SEO, we bring to you some of the best SEO courses which you can pursue this year.
SEO Fundamentals by Google
This is counted as one of the most popular online SEO courses, as it is offered by Google itself.
- Google is the most popular search engine, with Google Chrome gathering 67.56% of desktop internet browsing share. Thus, learning SEO from Google is like learning kung-fu from the Shaolin monks themselves.
- SEO from Google is a 13 hours long course and is offered completely free of cost.
- It is a self paced course, divided into 4 modules: (i) On-page SEO, (ii) Off-page SEO, (iii) Technical SEO, and (iv) Keyword Research.
- As per the company’s latest collaboration, the course is now being offered by Coursera.
- The course has a current rating of 4.8/5, given by 2,691 enrollees.
SEO Training by Yoast
Yoast is another popular website that offers an SEO course curated specially for beginners.
- The course for beginners is offered free of cost. However, there is also a provision for paid version which includes premium support from the provider and access to all the courses. The cost of premium subscription is $62.3 per year.
- The course curriculum is divided into 3 broad headings: (i) Introduction to SEO, (ii) Content SEO, and (iii) Technical SEO.
- The course focuses on keywords as well as structuring a particular website.
- Yoast offers you a 2 hour content of videos, divided into 20 small parts. The course is self paced and you can complete it as fast as you want.
- Along with videos, a PDF version of study material is also provided so that you can refer to it any time later on.
SEO Training Course by Moz
Moz is one of the top websites which are referred to for any guidance related to SEO. A community-backed website, Moz also offers various tools for link building, and checking other SEO parameters, which make life of an SEO professional easier.
- The SEO course by Moz is being offered in collaboration with Udemy.
- It is a 3 hour 26 minute long session, which is offered in a self-paced mode.
- While Udemy offers both free and paid courses, this one is completely free.
- The syllabus of the course includes SEO Strategy Development, Audits, Keyword Research, Link Building, SERPs, and much more.
- The course has an overall rating of 4.4/5, and has got 2,79,453 students already enrolled.
SEO Certification Course by HubSpot
HubSpot is itself a marketer for online services and various products, and its content quality is considered really good.
- The SEO course offered by HubSpot is free and is suitable not only for marketers and content creators, but for anyone who wants to brush up their SEO skills.
- HubSpot offers a course that comprises 24 videos in 6 lessons, along with separate quizzes to let you analyse yourself.
- It is a 2 hours and 21 minutes long course.
- The major topics included in this course are Keyword Research, Link Building, Optimizing Website, and SEO Reporting.
HubSpot website claims that it offers personalized courses for each student, where they get training recommendations, tailored especially for them.
On-Page and Technical SEO Course by Semrush
A prominent leader in the field of digital marketing and SEO, Semrush comes with a course that focuses on the 2 key aspects of any SEO project: On-page SEO and Technical SEO.
- This course is 100% free and is offered for a duration of 1 hour.
- The syllabus is divided into 7 sessions, which collectively form the 2 modules of the course.
- The Technical SEO module focuses on 4 major sessions: (i) SEO Audit, (ii) HTTPS Issues, (iii) Crawlability and Strategy of Search Engines, and (iv) Log File Analysis.
- In the case of On-page SEO, there are 3 sessions which the course provider lays emphasis on: (v) Content Creation, (vi) Optimizing web pages according to on-page SEO, and (vii) Getting rid of on-page errors.
Semrush also offers you a personalized certificate if you clear the quiz for both of these modules.
SEO Specialization by Coursera
Coursera is a leading provider of online educational and certification courses. Most of the courses from the website are offered in collaboration with an American university.
- SEO Specialization by Coursera is offered in collaboration with the University of California, Davis (UCDAVIS).
- It is a 2-instructor led course and currently has a rating of 4.7/5 by 8,814 people.
- The course is designed for a length of 5 months, if you give 6 hours/week. However, there is no strict boundation and you can study it at your own pace.
- Coursera recommends that you have at least 2 years of business experience before you enrol for this course.
- Key skills imparted in this course are Search Algorithms, Social Media Marketing, Keyword Research, Website Optimization, Content Marketing and Semantics.
- You can pursue this course for free but would not get any certificate. To obtain a certificate, you need to buy Coursera monthly subscription package or the yearly package, as suits you.
These courses mentioned above are not exhaustive and there are various other courses available online from providers like Simplilearn, edX, FutureLearn, etc. Go through the detailed syllabus of all these courses, and join the one which suits your needs. No matter which course you choose, there is enough potential in the SEO market and it can indeed give wings to your career.