Dubai Hills Estate is the first step of Mohammed Bin Rashid City and is hailed as a “city within a city” project. This is a joint venture between Meraas and Emaar Holding. It’s master developer is Emaar Properties and it’s Master Planning consultant is Callison RTKL.
Dubai Hills Estate is a multi-purpose mega-development having an arrangement of distinct neighborhoods surrounding an 18-hole championship golf course. This development is spread across 11 million square meters and the majority of this area is dedicated to huge parts of sculpted gardens and parks, vast open spaces and big walkways.
Dubai Hills Estate is an epitome of luxury. This special villa community invites people to select between various architectural styles such as extensive and limited collection of villas. Their properties are “family-friendly and fun and so elegantly designed that they define a new lifestyle for residents.”
It is still in the construction phase and after getting completed, this mega-development will boast 4,600 villas, 2 hotels, 143,000 square meters of lifestyle mall, 197,000 square meters of offices, cycling plus jogging tracks, 210,000 square meters of retail, 45 kilometers of cycling, a tennis academy, and 22,000 flats.
This mega-development consists of 3 zones. At the North, in front of Al Khail road, 2 malls will be situated and some mid-rise residential blocks constructed around a 7 kilometers long boulevard scattered with restaurants and shops. 22,000 flats will be available. Surrounding the golf course is a housing zone having 97 villas and 300 more villas separated in 2 communities aka Parkways and Fairways.
It’s 3rd zone has a greater density of villas and townhouses in 2 communities aka Sidra and Maple. Maple 1 and 2 include above 1,300 townhouses and Sidra 1 and 2 include 330 units. The 3rd Sidra phase has to be launched. Essential points of Dubai Hills Estate are listed below.
- The project was introduced in 2014.
- It takes 13 minutes to reach Dubai Mall, 19 minutes to reach The Walk JBR, 15 minutes to reach Palm Jumeirah and 13 minutes to reach Burj Al Arab.
- The golf course is managed by Troon Golf and it’s an 18-hole par-72 championship course. This course is spread across 1.2 million square meters with Downtown Dubai as it’s background. Wadis and valleys are seen besides the course.
- Dubai International Airport is 18 minutes away and Al Maktoum International Airport is 34 minutes away.
Lifestyle Amenities in Dubai Hills Estate
Fine dining restaurants and an upscale shopping promenade will be settled inside the gated development. At a bit outer part of the community, a commercial center with some top-rated hotels, a big variety of F&B outlets and medical facilities will be available.
Dubai Hills Mall is to be connected to two hotels and it’s located at the front of Umm Suqeim road and will offer 2 million feet of leaseable space.
Other planned areas are 4 schools (3 are already operational) and 14 tennis courts. The proximity to the monuments of the city from the Dubai Hills area are:
- Palm Jumeirah: 16 minutes
- Dubai International Airport: 20 minutes
- Al Maktoum International Airport: 35 minutes
- The Walk JBR: 18 minutes
- La Mer International Airport: 20 minutes
- Ibn-Battuta Mall: 17 minutes
- Mall of Emirates: 13 minutes
- Burj Al Arab: 14 minutes
- Dubai Mall: 13 minutes
The nearby attractions are Dubai Hills Golf Club and Dubai Hills Park. The closest cinema is Cinema Akil.
Accessibility to roads
Dubai Hills Estate is located at the intersection of Al Khail road and Emirates road. Residents will be 2 hours away from Abu Dhabi, 15 minutes away from Downtown Dubai, and 20 minutes away from Dubai Marina.
Metro Stations are being built. After their construction, they will connect to the new Al Maktoum International Airport at Jebel Ali.
Update on construction
Numerous areas of Dubai Hills Estate are mostly complete. The first phase, having some of the largest villas in the center of 18-hole golf course, was handed over to investors and buyers in 2016. These villas come from the Grove community hill that is usually called a dream trail.
As for Dubai Hills Golf Course, it was launched in November 2018. In the next year, the majority of residential units around it were finished for handover consisting of the 65 6-7 bedroom villas in Fairways Vistas and 61 villas in Parkway Vistas.
Residential units surrounding the development park were also finished in 2019, consisting of the ones in Sidra and Maple neighborhoods. Acacia at Park Heights consists of 2 residential buildings. These buildings include 477 units having 1 to 3 bedroom apartments.
Park Point housing apartments include 1 to 3 bedrooms and it was completed in May 2020. Mulberry at Park Heights includes 3 low-rise buildings which house 664 1 to 3 bedroom apartments. This project has yet to be constructed.
Hills Business Park was finished at the end of 2019. At the onset of 2020, Dubai Hills Mall was handed over to tenants and was launched at the end of 2020.
Dubai Hills Estate Communities
As of now, there is a record of 23 sub-communities in the mega-development. They are listed below.
- Club Villas is under development
- Dubai Hills Business Park is completed
- Dubai Hills Golf Clubhouse is completed
- Dubai Hills View is under development
- Emerald Hills is under development
- EX 001 Development is under construction
- Fairways is under development
- Golf Grove is under development
- Golf Place 2 is under development
- Golf Place is under development
- Golf Place Terraces is under development
- Hills Grove is completed
- Majestic Vistas is planned
- Maple 1 is completed
- Maple 2 is completed
- Maple 3 is completed
- Palm Hills is under development
- Park Heights is completed
- Park Ridge is under development
- Parkways is under development
- Sidra 1 is completed
- Sidra 2 is completed
- Sidra 3 is completed
- Acacia at Park Heights A, B and C are completed.
- Al Ansari Residences is envisioned.
- Collective 2.0, Collective and 12-storey Tower are under development.
- Dubai Hills Business Park Building 1, 2 and 3 are also completed.