Attorneys are hired to represent clients in a wide assortment of personal injury cases. Automobile accidents and workers’ compensation are two of the most common types of cases lawyers undertake, but they are far from the only ones. Dog bites are another type of injury where a Detroit based dog bite lawyer can help you. When you have been bitten by a dog calling a lawyer may not even enter your mind. However, when you’ve been bitten by a dog there are many reasons to seek out legal assistance and receive proper advice on what your next step should be.
Reasons To Hire A Lawyer If You Have Been Bitten By a Dog
- This Is a Real Injury: a dog bite is an animal attack and shouldn’t be ignored as some minor event that has no real impact. When you have been bitten, the injury is a real one and your recovery is also of the utmost importance. Even if you think your case is a minor thing, you should still consult a legal professional to understand what your rights are.
- You Deserve Compensation: a dig bite can be a highly traumatic injury. It can cause injuries that require a great deal of time to recover from, emotional trauma, and in the most severe cases, lifelong injury. If you have been hurt by a dog bite, you can hold the dog’s owner legally responsible.
- You Have Assistance In Working With Insurance Companies: dog bites are a part of most homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies. When seeking compensation for such an injury, you don’t deal with the dog owner directly. In the majority of cases, your lawyer communicates with the dog owner’s insurance provider to reach an agreed-upon compensation for your injuries.
- Coverage For Medical Care: dog bites can cause injuries that require surgery and long-term aftercare treatment for you to properly recover. Even with medical insurance, these costs can add up quickly. You should not have to pay for your medical care due to the negligence of another party. A lawyer will ensure you receive the proper compensation you are due.
- Your Lawyer Supports You: regardless of the financial loss, a dog bite can cause the associated emotional trauma and can have an even larger impact. Dog bites can cause a heavy emotional strain, leading to increased anxiety and even PTSD. Your lawyer will support you during the legal process so you can focus on your recovery and more important matters. Your lawyer also works to ensure you receive compensation for non-material losses such as emotional distress and the impact on your quality of life.
If you have been bitten by a dog, you should contact an attorney for advice. While this may not always lead to a court case, you owe it to yourself to be properly informed on what your options are and what a legal professional advises you should do.