Many professionals who have worked in a technical field for a long time wish to take their career ahead by pursuing a managerial role. Well, if you are a leader of the group who likes to keep things organized and work with a goal in mind, then you can definitely think of a career in project management. It is one of the most complicated fields available out there, and a true adventure that you will never find boring. To start with, a project manager is someone who is in charge of the entire project life cycle. He oversees all the phases of the project life cycle – initiation, planning, execution, control, and completion.
The present time is the best to upskill yourself and prepare for a career in project management. The reason is this field is predicted to witness substantial growth over the next few years. If we go by the survey of the Project Management Institute (PMI), employers will need to fill around 2.2 million project-related jobs each year until 2027. There is going to be more demand for early- or mid-career professionals with the relevant skills and project management experience.
read more : fashionsinfo
The requirement for project managers is virtually in every industry. Though the IT industry may first come to your mind, project managers are hired in several sectors like banking and finance, oil and gas, manufacturing, construction, and utility. Those professionals who take formal Project management training are given more preference for project manager open positions in these business verticals. Moreover, the salaries are quite competitive for project managers. As per Glassdoor, the national average base pay for an entry-level project manager is $59,680.
With such salary prospects and demand, you may instantly think about a career in project management. But how do you gain the right skills and become capable of a managerial position? Well, the answer lies in PMP or Project Management Professional Certification. This article will tell you more about this valuable certification and why it is in high demand among professionals worldwide.
visit here to know more information : ifvodnews
The PMP Certification
The Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is regarded as a gold standard in the field of project management. Administered by PMI, this certification is ideal for everyone who wants to gain the expertise required to bring projects to successful completion, irrespective of how complex it is. It validates your project leadership experience and expertise in any way of working. The certification demonstrates that you are highly skilled in these three key areas – people, process, and business environment. In fact, the PMP exam is broadly based on these three domains.
The PMP Certification in Detroit is not something you can achieve as and when you decide to. First off, you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by PMI. For example, you require at least a bachelor’s degree, 36 months leading projects, and 35 hours of formal project management training. If you fulfill this criteria, the next step is to appear for the rigorous PMP exam. This 4-hours exam involves 180 questions of different formats like multiple choice, hotspot, matching, multiple response, and fill in the blank. Passing this exam finally helps you achieve the PMP credential.
Why is PMP Certification in High Demand?
Here are the top reasons why PMP certification is one of the most sought-after credentials among professionals.
- It increases your earning potential – According to PMI, project managers with PMP certification earn around 25% higher salary than non-certified project managers. Clearly, PMP paves your way to higher income potential.
- Offers better career growth – As PMP certification is recognized worldwide, you can apply for project manager open positions globally. You are more likely to receive promotions and better recognition in an organization than non-certified managers.
- It demonstrates your capability of working smartly – The PMP proves that you can work smarter and have the right skills to drive business results and increase your organization’s impact in the office.
- You can work in any industry – The project management skills gained through PMP certification are not specific to any one industry but can be applied in virtually every industry. So, with a PMP certification, you can even switch your career domain.
- Speak the global language of project management – A PMP certification shows that you can speak the global language of project management and are aware of the industry standards and best practices related to this field. This way, your suggestions would carry more weight when there are any issues arising in the project.
- Increases your network – When pursuing a PMP certification, you also become a PMI member. As a member, you are given a chance to connect with like-minded professionals through PMI chapter meetings or Communities of Practice. Such events give you a platform to enhance your learning and keep yourself up-to-date. click here for more : sensongs
Are You Ready for a PMP Certification?
With so many reasons out there, when are you thinking of getting PMP certified? A project manager role is one of the most in-demand careers these days and you should make the most of the opportunities available. Take up a PMP certification training course online and start your preparation. A reliable PMP course can help you clear the exam in a single try.