Starting a business comes with great risks and investments. It’s not easy and it definitely doesn’t take a day or two. When one thinks of starting a business, they try to plan everything on paper and make it as perfect as can be. One of the most important things for any modern business to operate smoothly is a good internet connection. As times continue to change, it becomes necessary for a business to have an online identity. To do that, you need to have a stable internet experience. That means you cannot make do with a regular internet connection. Here’s where Business Broadband comes in.
What is Business Broadband?
Business Broadband is a high-speed internet connection used in offices and workplaces. It is basically a commercial-grade internet with added features and dedicated customer support. This customer support is usually backed by a strong service-level agreement. Business broadband is not restricted to one type only. It can be Fiber Optic, Cable, or any other as long as the requirements of a business are met.
What does it include?
Business broadband requires higher speed than regular home broadband and also has added features.
- Customer Support – Most service providers offer customer support 24 hours a day. As it is business broadband, problems are fixed quickly and given priority.
- Service guarantee – When purchasing business broadband, some requirements are agreed upon on the service provider’s end. If these requirements are not fulfilled, the business can claim compensation for it.
- Security – Security of your network is necessary and so, service providers offer you security in the form of firewall protection, data backup, and antivirus.
- Priority traffic – In case you are sharing the line with some other people in the area as well, there will be no need to worry about slow internet. As you have purchased a business broadband package, you will be given top priority compared to others.
- Web hosting – Some service providers offer web hosting tools with business broadband packages. This helps you to create a website, make your email account, etc. This way you can save money by not having to pay for a separate hosting package.
- Contention Ratio – Contention ratio is the number of users sharing the same bandwidth on any particular network. Usually, this ratio is not advertised, but there is a general idea about it. The ratio for consumer broadband is usually in the range 20:1 – 50:1. This means 20 people are sharing the same bandwidth. For business broadband, it is much lower and might fall in the ranges 5:1 – 1:1. 1:1 is the ideal scenario and comes with a very high price.
Who is Business Broadband for?
We’ve already established the fact that business broadband is for businesses. But, what kind of businesses? Read on to find out!
- Freelancers – As a freelancer, you will mostly be handling everything yourself. Security is one of the most important factors in this situation. As all the files will be stored on your PC or laptop, you need to make sure your data is secure. Moreover, you will also need a good internet connection to be able to send and receive information.
- Small Businesses – As a small business, you need a shared network for the office where your employees can work and share information. You will also need a fast network to stay active at all times.
- Home Businesses – If you have a home business, it becomes essential to have a separate network connection other than your personal one. As you will need to talk to customers, upload pictures and videos, and stay active, you need a reliable internet connection.
- Sole Traders – As a sole trader, you need to have a website and an email where people can reach you. Not only will you have fast internet, but you can also use the hosting services to help your business.
- Online Retailers – As an online retailer, all your transactions and payments will be done online. For this, you need to have a secure network and web hosting.
Do you really need business broadband?
When you already have a good internet connection, you might wonder why you should go for business broadband. The reason why you should go for one is you are not only getting a good internet service but you are getting web hosting and telephone services too. As a business, having web hosting, telephone, and internet service is a must, so getting all three at a good price in a bundle is a winning point.
While you might not, feel the need of getting business broadband in the beginning, as time passes and your business grows, you will need to have speedy internet, network security, and much more. There is a possibility that you have a great internet package and the service provider is offering you similar benefits to business broadband. In this case, you can don’t need the business broadband, at least until you don’t face any problems with your current ISP. Wave Internet is one of the service providers offering speedy internet services with multiple benefits like streaming devices and unlimited data.
Business broadband can be very useful depending on the size and type of the business. If the business is on a smaller level, a basic package may suffice. However, if the business is medium-sized, you’ll need more than a basic package. So, the first step to deciding if you want business broadband is identifying the size and type of your business. After you’ve done that, the next step is to find a good ISP who can walk you through the process of purchasing and using business broadband. BuyTVInternetPhone can help you in this regard. Through their website, you can find and are connected to multiple ISPs and find the right one for you!