A car accident can have long-term effects on the people who were hurt and their families. If you don’t know where to start getting money for medical care, time off work, and damage to your home, the process can be complicated.
If you have been hurt in a car accident, you might want to get help from a lawyer. An experienced lawyer from Albertson & Davidson, LLP can help you figure out how to get the money you deserve after an accident. When we work to get you the compensation and justice you deserve, a good lawyer will help you understand the claims process, handle communications, and try to get the best possible outcome.
There are many things that your lawyer needs to do for you. They need to carefully look over your case, back up your claims with good evidence, help with legal issues, and fight to get you the money you deserve.
A lawyer’s services have a lot of benefits, like:
- File an insurance claim with the driver’s insurer who was at fault in a car accident. Some insurance companies might be complex for you to deal with all by yourself so you might want help from someone else. Instead of protecting your interests, insurance adjusters are actively trying to cut the amount of money those who have to pay you out of the money they have to pay you.
- Your lawyer will handle all insurance communications about your case to make sure your rights are protected. Its one-way insurers try to lower the value of a claim. They try to blame the person who has been hurt. An experienced lawyer knows how to use these things.
- Having a lawyer on your side tells the insurance company that you won’t settle for less than the total amount of your claim. Your lawyer will need to show that you were careless or at fault to prove that. Witnesses or security cameras at nearby businesses may be able to show video evidence. Medical records, such as x-rays and other types of diagnostic imaging, can be found in a patient’s medical history file.
People who have had a lot of experience with the law.
People who have been in car accidents know the road rules better than people who haven’t been in car accidents. As long as the at-fault party broke any laws, your lawyer will be able to show this is what caused your accident and why your at-fault party should pay for your damages.
If you have this information, your lawyer can help you file a personal injury claim before the limitations run out. You may not be able to get money for your injuries if you don’t claim.
What is your claim worth?
The costs of car accidents, especially when people are hurt, can be high. It’s essential to think about medical costs and time off from work when figuring out how much a claim is worth.
An attorney can look at all of the things in your case that could affect how much money you get. If this is the case, you need to know if an insurance company is trying to rip you off with a low settlement offer.
Your lawyer will think about things like:
- Your medical costs after an accident
- Costs for things like therapy and surgery in the future.
- Earnings that were lost because of time off from work to get better.
- People who can’t work because of an injury can lose money in the past and the future.