The National Recruitment Agency is gearing up to conduct NRA CET by the year-end as announced by the Union Minister through a press release notified on PIB. However, the detailed notice on the first edition of the NRA CET exam is yet to be announced. As per the press release, the common eligibility test for recruitment to Non-Gazetted posts is scheduled to be administered before the year-end. But still, there is a lot of confusion among aspirants regarding the CET exam.
To begin with the terms, the Common Eligibility Test (NRA CET) is a screening/preliminary exam that will be held twice a year to shortlist candidates for various Group-B and C non-technical and non-gazetted posts. NRA CET will replace preliminary exams conducted by the recruitment agencies (SSC, IBPS, and RRBs).
There will be a minimum of one CET exam center in every district of the country. It will serve as a huge relief to the candidates as they will not have to travel to multiple exam centers to participate in multiple exams.
The CET test scores shall be valid for three years. As the screening exam is round the corner, we have discussed below all the relevant details regarding NRA CET 2022 for the reference of the aspirants.
A proper code of conduct is followed keeping in mind all the rules, regulations and NRA CET eligibility.
NRA CET 2022 Overview
Some of the major overviews of the NRA CET exam are elaborated below:
|Exam Name||National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Authority||NRA (National Recruitment Agency)|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Medium of Question Paper||12 different Indian languages including Hindi and English|
|Official Website||To be updated soon|
NRA CET Exam Date
The NRA will conduct a computer-based online Common Eligibility Test (CET) to fill up various non-gazetted posts. It is expected that the CET exam will be administered by the year-end. Refer to the tentative NRA CET Exam Dates shared below:
|Notification Release Date||To be updated soon|
|Application form||To be updated soon|
|Admit card Release Date||To be updated soon|
|NRA CET Exam Date||By year-end|
NRA CET eligibility
Fulfilling the basic NRA CET eligibility criteria is mandatory for the candidates before filling out the application form. Some of the important eligibility factors associated with the CET exam are detailed below:
- Age limit: There will be a maximum age limit for the candidates applying for the exam. The age limit will vary as per the post for which they will apply. Moreover, there shall be age relaxations for reserved category candidates such as SC, ST, OBC, Persons with Disability (PwD), etc.
- Educational qualification: NRA CET will be held at three levels i.e Graduation, Class 12, and Class 10. It implies that the candidates who will qualify in Class 10, Class 12, and Graduation as per the applied post will be considered eligible to apply for the post.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India when applying for the CET exam.
- Number of attempts: Candidates can attempt the CET exam as long as they want till they are fulfilling the upper age limit criteria and other relevant conditions.
NRA CET 2022 Exam Pattern
The detailed NRA CET Exam Pattern & Syllabus will be updated soon by the officials. Candidates must check the CET exam pattern to know the marking scheme, subjects, and duration. We have shared below the major highlights of the NRA CET 2022 exam pattern for reference purposes.
- NRA CET exam pattern comprises two parts-A and B. Part A includes sections like Verbal Ability, Basic Aptitude, General Science, Test of Reasoning, and General Knowledge. Part B paper is qualifying in nature and aims to judge the candidate’s psychology and answer to certain situations.
- The NRA CET exam is expected to carry objective-type multiple choice questions only
- The CET question paper will be conducted in 12 Indian languages including Hindi & English.
- The NRA CET syllabus and difficulty level will vary as per the standard of educational qualification (Class 10/Class 12/graduation).
NRA CET Score Validity
The test score obtained in the NRA CET exam will be valid for three years. The best available score of three years will be considered for selection. Based on these scores, the candidates will be selected for further rounds of the respective exam that will be conducted by recruitment bodies (SSC, RRB, and IBPS).
How to Prepare for NRA CET 2023?
NRA CET is expected to be a highly competitive screening exam as it is a common single exam for all Group B and C posts Hence, candidates are advised to adhere to the unique preparation strategy to stand ahead in the competition. Some of the best preparation tips are elaborated below:
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern before commencing the CET preparation.
- Select the books that cover topics mentioned in the syllabus to avoid wastage of time.
- Attempt mock tests and sample papers to analyze the preparation level and focus on improving weak areas.
- Revise notes frequently to avoid forgetting details of the topics covered so far.