Studying abroad is an affair that most students desire for its life-enriching experience and opportunity to develop a successful career. Among all the destinations, Canada is one of the most sorted for its high living standard and employment opportunities. According to research reported by the Times of India, about 69% of students voted Canada as their preferred study-abroad destination. Besides this, one-third of the students have rated Canada as their preferred choice for post-secondary education.
Among numerous subjects that are available for studies, pharmacy typically stands out for its unique curriculum and job prospects. Nevertheless, students must align themselves with the eligibility parameters to study pharmacy in Canada.
Eligibility Criteria to Study Pharmacy in Canada
Although the eligibility criteria var with the institution of interest, a few general parameters remain the same. Entry parameters to study Pharmacy in Canada are –
- Must have 70% marks in higher secondary or 10+2 with subjects like biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics.
- For Master’s courses, students must have a bachelors in a relevant subject with a minimum GPA mentioned by the university.
- Students must have minimum proficiency in English, usually 6.5 in IELTS and 79 in TOEFL iBT.
- A few universities might require proof of work experience in the pharma industry.
- Depending on the university, students might be required to submit GRE scores.
Application Process of Pharmacy Courses in Canada
The application process for pharmacy courses might vary with the academic institution. Nevertheless, the general process is –
- Select a university that suits the requirements
- Check the application deadline, eligibility and documents required for that course.
- Fill up the online form and submit the application fee.
- Submit the required documents and follow the university-specific procedures thereafter.
Course Duration of Pharmacy Courses in Canada
The duration of pharmacy courses in Canada depends on the program. Details of those are provided below –
|PhD||3 – 5 years|
|Master’s degree||2 years|
|Bachelor’s (with honours)||4 years|
|Bachelor’s degree||1 to 3 years|
|Graduate certificate||1 year|
Cost of Studying Pharmacy in Canada
The cost of studying in Canada is comparatively lower compared to the top study abroad destinations in the world. For a Master’s program, it will cost around CAD 30,000 to CAD 50,000. But in general, the cost will range between CAD 15,000 to CAD 2,00,00 depending on the course.
However, for more information on how to study pharmacy in Canada, click on https://leapscholar.com/blog/study-pharmacy-in-canada-eligibility-fees-process-for-indian-students/. Apart from this, students must check the official website of the university course for a detailed understanding of the course fee, eligibility and the admission process.
Employment Opportunities of Pharmacy in Canada
Students studying Pharmacy in Canada can secure exciting job roles with lucrative salaries. A few of these job roles are –
- Medical Sales Representative
- Process Development Scientist
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Clinical Research Associate
- Research Scientist
- Pharmacy Practice Assistant
- Regulatory Affairs Office
Advantages of Studying Pharmacy in Canada
The primary advantages of studying Pharmacy in Canada are –
- Pharmacy courses in Canada provide technical skills and management skills.
- The pharmacy market in Canada is proliferating as people are getting more health-conscious. Also, the healthcare sector of Canada is likely to get more expenditure in the upcoming years.
- For deserving students, Canadian universities have extensive scholarship opportunities.
- The pharmacy curriculum is designed to provide clinical skills and therapeutic knowledge.
- Due to the lack of pharmacists, the demand for this subject has rapidly increased. According to a study, it is stated that 90% of students studying pharmacy in Canada are likely to get a job by 2028.
- For licensed pharmacists, it is necessary to have both practical and theoretical knowledge. For this purpose, most curriculums in Canada provide internship opportunities for practical experience.
- Finally, Canada provides an excellent education for international students, and its standards are known globally. So, a Canadian degree is valid throughout the world, and students can find jobs anywhere in the world.
Hence, studying pharmacy in Canada can provide substantial job opportunities for students with lucrative salaries. Apart from it, Canada takes pride in providing a world-class education for domestic and international students. Some of the world’s best universities are located here, and as a degree from Canada is recognized worldwide, students can find employment anywhere.