Are you willing to pursue a PhD course? Well, if you have a passion for study and wish to further your career, a Ph.D. programme, however, might fervently open up new opportunities and career scope for you.
However, if you have never applied for a Ph.D. degree before, it may seem like a difficult endeavour to you. You must therefore perform careful planning and have a thorough understanding of each step involved.
In this blog, we will provide you with a thorough walkthrough to make it easier for you to get through the PhD application process.
PhD- Course Overview
A Ph.D. course provides you the chance to study in a variety of fields and cross-functional areas. It also makes an effort to make you highly capable and creative researchers and authorities in a variety of disciplines.
As a preeminent university in Mumbai, Universal AI University provides this course of study to primarily prepare individuals for jobs as professors at top universities as well as for positions outside of academia that call for analytical skills and advanced research.
To know some essential facts about the Ph.D. courses available at Universal AI University, you can check the table below:
|Level of Education||Doctorate|
|Course Full-Name||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Areas of Specialisation||● Liberal Arts (Economics)
● Computer Science
|Course Categories||Offered to-
● Full-time Candidates
● Internal Part-time Candidates
● External Part-time Candidates
|Average Tuition Fee||● External (Teaching Faculties)- INR 80,000 (approx)
● External (Industry Sponsored / Govt Sponsored) INR 1,00,000 (approx)
You must meet the requirements listed below to be admitted to Universal AI University’s Ph.D. programme:
- Obtain a 2 or 3-year Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Score a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in the Master’s Degree. For applicants of the SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), Differently Abled, EWS, and other restricted categories, a 5% relaxation is offered.
- Hold a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Research.
- Secure a minimum CGPA of 7.5/10. But, candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently Abled, EWS, and from other reserved categories, receive a 0.5-point score relaxation.
Specifics Associated with PhD Application Procedure
It will be a thrilling and difficult opportunity for you to enrol in a Ph.D. programme, as it can lead to numerous future opportunities. But, before beginning this voyage, you must be aware of a few things. For your reference, we have listed below the key considerations you should bear in mind before enrolling at the best PhD colleges in India:
1) Research and Choose Your Specialisation
You must research the specialisations available before beginning the Ph.D. application process. Additionally, after you have a good understanding of the Ph.D. programmes that are offered, you should take your time to learn about the various subjects and choose the one that best suits your interests and long-term career objectives.
2) Prepare for Entrance Tests
The majority of Ph.D. programmes including those at the Universal AI University in Mumbai require entrance exam results. To ensure that you submit your application by the university’s deadline, you must become familiar with the test formats, look for suitable study materials, and register for the examinations early. Additionally, a 90-minute, 100-point Ph.D. entry exam is administered by Universal AI University.
3) Collect Required Documents
To completely assess your qualifications, a university will need specific documents as part of your application process. And, those documents typically include your 10th, 12th, and Graduation Marksheets, Entrance-exam Score Cards, and additional documents.
4) Submit Your Application
You must submit your online Ph.D. application once you have gathered all the required paperwork and score reports from the entrance exams. For this, you should also pay special attention to the application portal for the university of your choice and make sure to follow all the instructions. In addition, you must carefully follow the application criteria and double-check that all of your materials are formatted correctly.
Step-by-Step Application Procedure for PhD Courses
You must complete the processes outlined below to successfully apply for the doctorate programme, whether you are willing to study a Ph.D. programme at the B schools in Mumbai or anywhere else:
- Visit the online admission portal, and register yourself by clicking on the “Apply” Button.
- Once you have created an account, you can log in and begin filling out your Ph.D. application form.
- When logging in, provide your phone number to receive an OTP that will help you confirm your identity.
- Once you have completed filling out the form, make sure to recheck all your entered details and documents.
- To finish your application, you must pay the course price.
- After your payment has been received successfully, you can download a copy of your Ph.D. application form for further processing.
To Wrap Up
At first, the Ph.D. application process may seem intimidating to you, but with careful preparation, composure, and commitment, you may turn it into a fruitful experience. Moreover, you must keep in mind to do extensive research, customize your documents, and maintain organisation when applying for this study programme. In addition, by organising the procedure into manageable steps and following our step-by-step instructions, you will improve your chances of being accepted into the PhD course of your choice.
- What is an average Ph.D. application cost?
The Ph.D. application fee differs and depends on numerous factors. However, you will need to pay roughly INR 2,000 as a Ph.D. application fee to University AI University.
- How do I choose the right PhD University?
When selecting a Ph.D. University, you should consider aspects like the areas of specialisation, faculty qualifications, location, financial options, etc.
- Can I change my research area at Universal AI University?
Yes, you are permitted to change your area of Ph.D. research with the permission of the Ph.D. Committee. You might be required to do some more courses that are suitable for the changed research area.
- Can I simultaneously apply to several Ph.D. programmes?
Yes, you can apply to many Ph.D. courses. Before applying, you must consider each programme carefully and ensure you have appropriate materials for each.