Are you a vegetarian and always looking forward to meeting your protein requirements? Most people think that being vegetarian it is very difficult to have protein rich foods and one ends up becoming a carbatarian (one who eats a lot of carbohydrates). Well! There are N number of food items that one can eat and meet all their nutrient requirements without even increasing their carbohydrate intake.
We have come up with a few tasty breakfast ideas that you can try out at home and get all the essential nutrients that your body needs. Are you ready? Let us get started:
1.Oats and fruits protein smoothie
Oats, fruits and protein powders, all the three ingredients are highly nutritious and when these things are combined together, they can help to make delicious recipes. To make a fulfilling and refreshing smoothie for your breakfast you will need the following ingredients:
- One cup of rolled oats (finely crushed or powdered)
- 150 ml of low-fat or skimmed milk
- Two scoops of ON whey protein or any whey protein that you like
- One ripe banana
- Half finely diced apple
- Three to four almonds (soaked in water overnight)
- Three cubes of ice
- One teaspoon of chia seeds
- One teaspoon of flax seeds
- One teaspoon of watermelon seeds
- Half teaspoon of cinnamon powder
The procedure of making this delicious smoothie is super easy. All you need to do is put everything in a blender and mix it well for 1 minute. Open the jar and see whether there is any lump or not. If you find lumps then blend the mixture for another 30 seconds or one minute. Pour the mixture into a glass and enjoy your protein-rich smoothie.
2. Scrambled cottage cheese/ tofu
To make this deliciously amazing protein-rich scrambled cottage cheese recipe you will need the following items:
- One medium onion (finely chopped)
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One tomato (finely diced)
- Two chopped green chillies
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Half teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Half teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Two cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Half teaspoon of grated ginger
- 100 grams of shredded paneer or cottage cheese ( you can also go for tofu)
- Half teaspoon of coriander powder
Take a non-stick pan, pour the olive oil into it and heat it for sometime. Once the oil gets heated, put the cumin seeds into it along with the green chillies. Then put the ginger, garlic and onion into the oil. Add the shredded paneer to the pan and stir fry it for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the turmeric and coriander powder to it along with the salt. Fry it for another 2 to 3 minutes and then serve it hot with one slice of brown bread.
These recipes are absolutely delicious and full of protein. You can try to use different ingredients to make other vegetarian recipes like chickpea chaat, protein powder pancakes, eggless protein cup cakes and more. Let us know if you want to learn more, we will definitely help you.